Friday night was full of laughter as both the Portugal team and the Michigan team indulged in an evening of lavish food and good company. Generously hosted by GSE Team Leader Lynn Zuellig and family, her kitchen was a colorful display of fruits, salads, deserts and (my husband's favorite) local Frankenmuth sausages. Apparently our bountiful potluck was a new experience for the Portugal team. Team members remarked that if a dinner like this was planned in Portugal, the host would prepare all the food. It was nice to share a true American tradition with our new friends.
And friends they are! Time flew bye while our two groups traded stories and pronunciations. Our curiosities were met with stories about what foods to expect, how to say Cheers! (Tchim-tchim!), and the economic climate. We heard a great account of how we will be flying into the Lisbon Airport which is an exciting ride as it is located in the heart of the city. Hugo mentioned how it is both beautiful and fun as the plane dodges around buildings....looking forward to that!?
I do look forward to spending more time with our new Portuguese friends throughout the month of April!
1 comment:
It was so nice to meet everyone at the district conference. I hope you have a safe and fun trip. I will be checking for more blog posts as I can't wait to hear all about your wonderful adventure.
Post a Comment