Well family and friends - we are here! Two very long travel days were swiftly swept clean with a lovely rest day in a traditional Portuguese country house on the outskirts of Lisbon. (pictures will be posted tomorrow as I am too tired tonight to work out the logistics! It's currently 2 am in Lisbon). Realistically a much more elloquent storytelling will take place over breakfast...I promise. I did however want to take a moment to let everyone know that we are being very well wined and dined. We had a great day today touring around with our new found Portuguese friends. I am slowly learning new Portuguese sayings. For tonight - Dorme Bem, Sleep well. And to you all, my family and friends, I will see you in the morning with bright eyes and stories to tell.
P.S. the title of this blog "Always Up - Never Down" is a traditional Portuguese toast.
Boa Noite
Monday, May 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad to hear you made a safe trip and have had such a warm welcome. Keep the updates coming! Our club meets tomorrow AM, so I'll share your good start.
Vickie
Frankenmuth AM Rotary
This is exciting! I look forward to hearing more about your adventures.
Lynne
GSE Inbound Chair
Post a Comment