For our Christmas vacation this year, my partner and I took Amtrak, the US rail service, down to Florida to visit his family. The trip took two days by rail, but I enjoyed every minute of it! William, on the other hand, said something to the effect that he'd rather have a root canal before doing long-distance train travel again. Most Americans do not rely on the trains for travel, as our nation is quite large, like Australia.The rail network is not too extensive, so people often have to travel a distance to catch the train. We, for example, drove from our home in Bay City about 2.5 hours south to Toledo, Ohio, where we caught the train to Washington, DC. After a 5 hour lay-over in DC, we hopped on a train that took us to Orlando, Florida (home of Disney) and from there rented a car to drive the last 3 hours to Naples, Florida.
While in Florida, I've been doing some serious work getting acclimated to the climate of Australia. It's dirty work, but someone has to do it, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment