It's been a while since I've been able to post anything up to our blog, and I'm really not sure how to catch up at this point. The team has been in high gear since our free weekend in Manly. We either didn't have much in the way of time to post or we simply didn't have good access to the internet.
Since last weekend we had some great tours/vocational days. The team had a great opportunity to tour the NSW Parliament house with Member of Parliament, Gladys Berejiklian. It was very interesting to learn about their system of government here.
I had a great opportunity to tour the Flemington Food Market. This is a very large market where fresh fruits, vegetables and flowers arrive every day to be sold to restaurants, local grocery stores, etc. I thoroughly enjoyed this as the variety was immense and I had the chance to taste some fruits that I've never heard of before.
On yet another day the team toured the Sydney Aquarium and the Opera house. Both were very impressed and worth the time to see. At the end of the day there is just so much to see here and we're working hard to squeeze as much in as possible before we head back.
Rusty and I had a great opportunity to visit with the owners of a company called "Speciality Cereals" where they made some awesome granola, muesli, and several other breakfast cereals. These guys are running a great operation and we thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated our time with them.
Just checked in with our 4th and last host family after a weekend up at the 9680 District Conference. This was a great time of learning more about Rotary, Fellowship and a great deal of fun. It was awesome to meet back up with so many friends that we've had the opportunity to meet in the past few weeks. The team also had a great time getting to know both the 9680 outbound teams. One heading to NewJersey and the team that will follow us back to 6310. All lot's of fun and I'm sure that they'll enjoy theri time in the States.
Well, more when it's not so late at night. Nearly 11:30 p.m. and time to call it a night!
G'day mate!
No comments:
Post a Comment