Sorry...I couldn't get the pictures to uploaded :-(
Today, I visited Castle Hill Police which is commanded by Superintendent Sue Wates. I met this morning with Sergeant Daniell Cameron and attended the morning's briefing. At the briefing, the administrative section of the station discussed upcoming issues and the crime that had occurred during the past week.
Sergeant Cameron arranged for me to spend the morning with Highway Patrol. Sergeant Robert Toynton of that section was given the task of looking after me and graciously introduced me to Random Breath Testing (RBT). Sgt. Toynton, along with Constables Robert Petrunic and Steve Gifford, set up a testing area and directed random vehicles into the area. They stopped many cars within the 40 minute span that we were there. During this time, an individual was cited for Expired License and another for being a Disqualified driver. A disqualified driver is someone who the court has deemed cannot obey the law. They inturn, deem them "disqualified".
We cleared RBT and went on patrol elsewhere. After being on patrol for awhile, we headed back to the station where they were having a BBQ for one of the officers that had surgery. The meal was fabulous.
After lunch, I went on patrol with General Patrol Sergeant Styles. He patrols the area and supervises officers under him to make sure that they are handling complaints correctly. He also provides any assistance that the officers may need.
I would like to take the opportunity to thank the personnel at Castle Hill Police Station for provided me with another memorable experience.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment