Anyone who really knows me, knows that I am deathly afraid of worms; not to mention snakes!!!! This morning when I woke up, I had every intention of coming face-to-face with my greatest fear by taking a photograph with the python at the Retile Park. Needless to say, that did not happed.
The trainer asked for a volunteer and our team leader, Jeff, tried to encourage me to partake. I hesitated and backed away then a young bloke, who was about 6 years old, stepped forward. His name was Jude and he was so brave. The trainer asked him to turn around, look at his mother and hold his arms straight out to the side. I knew what was about to occur and I all I wanted was OUT!! Jude patiently waited as the trainer removed the enormous beast from its container and placed it around his neck...I couldn't believe it!!!
The trainer asked for a volunteer and our team leader, Jeff, tried to encourage me to partake. I hesitated and backed away then a young bloke, who was about 6 years old, stepped forward. His name was Jude and he was so brave. The trainer asked him to turn around, look at his mother and hold his arms straight out to the side. I knew what was about to occur and I all I wanted was OUT!! Jude patiently waited as the trainer removed the enormous beast from its container and placed it around his neck...I couldn't believe it!!!
In the meantime, I mozied over to the kangaroos and decided that was the beast for me to tame. Signed, still chickened in Australia.
5 comments:
I sympathize with you Yvonne. I hate snakes to. Just ask Megan. I'll give you kudos for even being that close to the snake. Besides, kangaroos are cuter.
Thanks for your support, Joey. I was impressed with Megan though. She actually touched the snake.
I couldn't agree with you more, kangaroos are cuter!!!
Yvonne was braver than she lets on. She walked right up to a glass case with a 50-foot Python inside. It was big enough to swallow her whole. I didn't even set foot in the hall of spiders.
I agree that the kangaroos were the best. They are like tiny horses -- mine really liked being scratched under the chin.
Yvonne, this is the first chance I've had to check the website. I'm so envious! It looks like you are having a truly once-in-a-lifetime experience and loving every minute of it. I watched the video--you're a star! I can't wait to see all your pictures when you get home. You aren't missing anything here but snow, ice, snow, ice, and the occasional arctic blast. See you soon! Gena
Gena, you are correct! This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience and I am loving every minute of it. It is difficult to be away but I am working really hard at handling it :-).
Post a Comment