After a few years of mild winters, we're getting socked with snow again today. The storm started early this morning and by the time it is done, we will have received an additional 10 inches of snow above and beyond what we already had on the ground. I'm wondering if I'll have another day off school tomorrow, which would be really nice for packing purposes! I think all five of us are really looking forward to the warm, or hot, weather in Sydney.
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes, I am so ready to not be shovelling snow anymore! We only got about a foot of snow in Midland last night, but it still took Joey and me an hour to dig out so that I could go to work. (We don't get snow days at the hospital.) The banks are so high now on both sides of my driveway that I could hardly lift the last few shovelsful of snow up there.
At least Michiganders have a good sense of humor about all this white stuff. A house nearby has a sign in their snowbank that says, "Free snowman. Some assembly required."
My kids did not have school last Thursday and Friday because of the snow. Tonight it is -2 degrees F. I plowed my drive way with a back hoe and piled it up about 12 feet for the kids to play on. It is so windy the animals which usually get a snack in my back yard stayed in the thick woods. I feed a little bit of shelled corn everyday so when I eat supper I can enjoy watching whitetail deer, turkeys, and squirrels right out my window.
Post a Comment