
Well, two big events happened this weekend. First on Friday, after a big snow storm that caused the cancellation of most schools in the area, the GSE team and our families met in the local city of Frankenmuth for our last meeting and overnight excursion at Zehnder's Splash Village. It was great spending a whole afternoon and evening together and getting to meet everyone's family and children. After our meeting and dinner, we all changed into our swimsuits and headed to the waterpark. (I probably don't need to mention that it was indoors...) We all had a blast! It's amazing how a waterpark can bring out the kid in anyone. Also, we had to keep up with Rusty's kids!

We awoke Saturday morning to a fairly unique holiday here in North America, Groundhog Day. On this day, people around the nation look to the groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil, who resides in Pennsylvania, to see what his prediction for spring is. If Phil emerges from his winter burrow, poking his head towards the rising sun. If Phil sees his shadow, he scurries back into his borrow, meaning that we will suffer another six weeks of winter. However, if Phil does not see his shadow, this means that we will experience an early spring. Now, with all the media attention, camera crews and photographers who are present on the morning of February 2nd, I don't know how he could
not see his shadow with all the lights blarring in his direction. According to Phil this year we will not see spring for another six weeks, which is fine with me, since that will be about the time we return from the summer heat of New South Wales.
3 comments:
I don't care what the groundhog says, I'm predicting only 11 more days of winter!
To view more photos of our team party (oops - I mean meeting) at Splash Village, check out the slideshow on the right-hand side of this blog, or visit our flickr account http://www.flickr.com/photos/23414823@N08/
P.S., To learn more about Punxsutawney Phil and one of America's stranger holidays, go to http://www.groundhog.org/.
That looks like just the thing to do on a cold winters day!--some fit looking folks there I must say--noted!
Post a Comment