Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A great club!

Yesterday I was reminded once again of just how much I enjoy my home club here in Pigeon. As we meet on Mondays, each week begins with some great fellowship, singing, laughter and general overall merry making. Yesterday my club surprised me and presented me with my very own "Tucker Bag". As our club often sings Waltzing Matilida, there are many references to a Tucker Bag so we have had much curosity as to exactly what a Tucker Bag is. Nonetheless my Tucker Bag is a type of daypack that is bright yellow and is inscribed on the back with "Jeff's Tucker Bag". Along with that my club very generously filled the bag with some loot that will allow our team to have a nice meal together at some point during our travels.

I have a great club and as I travel during this exchange I will take pride in representing the Pigeon club and each of the members who have always supported the ideals of Rotary!

1 comment:

Ian Faulks, GSE 2008 Team Leader said...

Hmmm, is your 'tucker bag' the real deal? From your description it does not seem to be large enough to put a jumbuck into it. And, it is said, we now cannot catch you alive . . . which would be a shame, I think.

The moral of the story: Leave the sheep alone, Jeff, alright?