Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Are You Happy?

I have a brief chance to use a computer! Of course, I have lots of ideas jotted down in my journal in which to blog about. Guess where my journal is? Not with me. Doh!

Everyone is so kind, friendly, caring, relaxed and many other nice adjectives. We are being well fed and watered and cared for. We are being asked "Are you happy?" quite often. It's so wonderful that the Rotarian host clubs just want us to have a good time and be happy. I really hope the inbound team from Bangkok feels as welcomed as we do.

We are in LopBuri until Friday, when we depart for the district conference.

We had a full day of nature activities, crawled around in a cave, saw a few bats, walked in the Magnolia trees and looked at bones a few thousand years old. You know, the usual. It's still hotter than the dickens but we are managing. With that sentence, it'd be a good time to honor the cologned towel that comes frozen in a package. Ahhh..so wonderful. I even took pictures of them.

I just finished a lovely meal at my host's brother's home. They graciously honored my vegetarianism and served Pad Thai, a Chinese tofu soup, fried rice, salad and fruit....(whisper)and ice cream cake. LoL.

I hope when I next get the chance to write I'll have my notes available and be able to include photos.

Tomorrow we get up close and personal with the monkeys and visit a hospital!!!

2 comments:

Hratch Basmadjian said...

Jessica, the team will be visiting your host club in pinconning on Thursday April 9th, you might see if you can be part of their visit.

Ajay said...

I am happy (thank you very much for asking Jessica!). I am really enjoying reading about your trip - keep the blog going. You are at the halfway mark, and it sounds like you are all having a blast. Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.