I am learning so much about Thai medicine it is great. I have had many wonderful site visits so far. In Bangkok, I got to see a pharmaceutical company called Greter Pharma. I learned that in Thailand Glucosamine is regulated by the FDA and is a prescription. It was wonderful to see how medicine is made.
In Saraburi and Angthong I got to visit their respective hospitals where I learned a great deal. The concept that was most interesting to me is how Thai people incorperate Thai traditional medicine into the care of the patient. The Thai people do a great job of holistic medicine. In Saraburi, I visited a cancer ward where the patients and their families were meditating. The hospital also offers exercise class in the morning. In Angthong, I saw Thai tradition massage being practiced in the hospital. Doctors can prescribe Thai massage or patients can request it. I think that this holistic approach is wonderful. Currently, I am staying at hospital in Lop Buri so I hope to gain some insights there as well.
Now I have to go and see if I can find a Thai massage :)
Friday, March 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kristin, Thanks for sharing what you have learned about the holistic approach that you observed being used by the Thai people. You have really been able to fulfill your wish to observe experiences in Thailand that relate to your professional background. What a lot you'll have to share with your colleagues!-Ruby
Post a Comment